November 5, 2015
In hotels and motels, the more often a Guest uses your telephone system to make long distance calls, the more money you make.
The rates that Genesis uses for long distance calls are user configurable and can be changed to virtually any rate that you wish to charge for any type of call.
- Advertise the rates that you charge in your lobby and guest rooms. Guests are more likely to use your phone system if they know what the costs will be.
- Check the rates that you are being charged by your long distance provider. Most hotels can negotiate a discount rate plan with their provider. The lower the rate that you pay equals higher profits.
- Add value for your Guests. Keeping your rates competitive can be a low cost way to add value for your Guests. Little things can make a difference and make your hotel stand out against competing hotels in your area.
- Knock out the other phone competition. Offer long distance telephone rates that make cell phones with their long-distance charges and roaming fees unattractive.
- Consider changing your rates to a flat rate per minute. This type of rate structure makes it easy for your Guests and your staff.
Advertised flat rates that are higher than your cost and lower than cell phones can dramatically increase the long distance usage of your telephone system and can increase both revenue and profits.